iGrad Student Support Team
In addition to our school counselors, iGrad has many other ways to support students:
Samson Tekle, Social Worker
Phone: (253) 373-7969
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays: 8:15 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
- Tuesdays: 11:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
I graduated from Eastern Washington University with a Bachelors of Arts in Psychology. A year later, I returned to EWU to complete my Master’s degree in School Social Work. After college, I was hired by Green River Community College as the iGrad GED Case Manager, where I was able to help students achieve their short-term goals and plan for their future. During my free time I like to play sports, travel, and try new things. The furthest I’ve ever traveled was East Africa, which was actually a really great experience. I plan on traveling to South America next.
How I can help:
- Personal goals and action steps
- Weekly planning and time management
- Community resources (i.e. housing, food, clothing, health care, parenting programs, child care, etc.)
- LGBTQ support (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Questioning support)
- Resume writing, cover letter writing, and job applications
- Internship opportunities
Phone: (206) 929-1777
Hours: Wednesdays from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
I graduated from the University of Washington with a Bachelor of Art's degree in Sociology. I'm a new addition to Seattle Education Access and I am excited to be here are iGrad. In my free time, I play guitar and write music.
How NWEA can help:
- Explore different college degrees, certificates, and programs.
- Create an individualized transition plan for after iGrad.
- Assistance in applying to colleges, technical schools, and apprenticeships.
- Help with financial aid & scholarships for both US citizens and undocumented students.
- Support throughout the entire post-high school process. I can still work with students after they leave iGrad.