Program Options

  • Kent School District High School Diploma

    This Diploma option provides a smaller learning environment where the instruction is personalized to meet the unique needs of each student. Students are enrolled in one or more online courses and are expected to progress through the content at an individualized, productive pace.

    Students are required to spend nine hours at the iGrad site with a highly qualified teacher two days per week and commit to working outside of class to complete and earn credit for coursework.  On average, a student will work at least 15-20 hours outside of class each week in order to complete classes at an acceptable rate.  In addition to academic coursework, students will have access to work readiness preparation and other resources.

    KSD Diploma students with qualifying skills (as identified by Green River College placement tests) may enroll in Green River College classes, tuition free, and earn both high school and college credit at the same time.

    Washington State High School Diploma

    Students enrolled in this Diploma option will attend Green River College, tuition-free. Most classes are eligible for dual high school and college credit.  

    Students must commit to taking Green River College placement tests (for placement in appropriate level classes) and meeting iGrad’s standard criteria for attending college courses.  Students will also have access to work readiness preparation resources at the iGrad site.

    GED / High School Equivalency Certificate

    Students enrolled in the High School Equivalency option will take a placement test and then will work on a plan of study that will lead them to completion of a High School Equivalency Certificate (GED).

    Classes are held three hours each day on Monday through Thursday at the Kent Station Green River College location with additional instructor office hours available for out of class support.

    Upon completion of their certificate, students will be encouraged to continue to earn dual high school and college credit toward their WA state high school diploma OR a career readiness certificate in an occupation of interest OR an AA degree.