Be Ready and Safe During Emergencies
We never know when or where disaster will strike but together we can be ready, resilient and safe during emergencies.
Make a Plan
- Know the hazards that exist in your area and how they affect you.
- Have an evacuation and communications plan in place so everyone in your family knows what to do and where to go.
- Everyone in your family should have the name and phone number of an out of area contact.
- Practice! Practice! Practice!
Build a Kit
What do you need for yourself and your family if emergency responders can't help you during a disaster? A minimum three-day survival kit will provide peace of mind, comfort, and survival needs during a disaster. Store at least one kit each at home, in the car, at work, and at each child's school or daycare facility. If you buy a kit, remember to customize it to your specific needs, such as medications or extra items for children or pets.
- Learn CPR and First AID.
- Get involved with your neighbors and community.
- Become a part of a Community Emergency Response Team (CERT).
Last Modified on December 21, 2018