Refugee Support Services
Every Student is Welcome
Every student is welcome in the Kent School District (KSD). We understand that, due to recent political developments in our country, our students may be experiencing fear, stress, and apprehension.
Because these emotions can negatively affect a student’s ability to learn in class, it is important for our teachers, school administrators, and district office staff to create safe environments that offer care, compassion, and mutual respect.
KSD will continue to align our core values of equity, excellence, and community in support of our students and families who may be experiencing undue stress during this time.
- We will maintain a welcoming environment for all children with celebrations such as KSD Welcomes the World Day.
- We will uphold our practice that a child’s immigration status has no impact on their educational program in KSD.
- We will maintain a student’s constitutional right to equal access to education, regardless of a student’s or parent’s immigration status.
- We understand that a student’s rights are protected by the Constitution and a student’s right to access public education cannot be taken away by the president, the state, or federal legislators.
- KSD will continue to enroll students regardless of immigration status, and without discrimination based on race, religion, or national origin.
Our refugee support liaison assists refugee students and families in successful school integration and ensuring refugee students are successful in reaching high academic performance.
This program supports recent arrivals and assists them in strengthening the skills, knowledge, and proficiency of refugee parents, schools, and community-based organizations for the benefit of the refugee students.
Discrimination in Employment, Housing & Other
General Immigration Policy & Advocacy
General Legal Services
+Immigration Legal Services
Obtaining U.S. Citizenship
Public Benefits for Immigrants