Academy Class of 2021 Graduation Live Stream
Academy Graduation Ceremony Information
The Class of 2021 Graduates on June 17
We will celebrate our seniors with an on-campus in-person graduation ceremony!
We are excited to provide you with information regarding our Academy curbside graduation event at our school on Thursday, June 17. Similar to last year, the individual graduation ceremony will honor Academy candidates for graduation and provide an opportunity for them to walk across the stage with up to eight (8) family members present. Graduates will receive their diploma cover while wearing their cap and gown. Additionally, professional photos of each graduate will be available for purchase.
To ensure we have time to honor every graduate, please arrive at the school within the designated timeframe provided here based on the graduate’s last name:
- A-E: 12:00-1:00 p.m.
- F-J: 1:00–2:00 p.m.
- K-O: 2:00-3:00 p.m.
- P-U: 3:00–4:00 p.m.
- V-Z: 4:00–5:00 p.m.
We are excited to offer a festive and intimate curbside celebration— similar to our 2020 graduation, but better! Many families of graduates last year said they preferred the curbside ceremony because it was personalized for their graduate— and they didn’t have to sit for hours in bleachers! Instead, families will have an up-close view of the graduation stage while practicing health and safety guidelines. Hosting our ceremony outside also allows families to have up to eight members as guests instead of far fewer guests if held indoors. If it rains, our stage is completely covered, and we’ll even have a tent for families to ensure they stay dry.
Here are the guidelines for our curbside graduation event:
- Students and their families will arrive in no more than two vehicles at the designated time—no RVs, stretch limos, or commercial vehicles, please. Families and students are encouraged to decorate their vehicles. The graduate’s name will be clearly posted in the passenger side window. Families will follow the map provided here that will show where to enter the school grounds and the route to follow.
- Families will drive to a designated area where there will be a stage and a family viewing area.
- Families will remain in the vehicle until instructed to exit.
- When directed, students will proceed to the stage where they will have their name read aloud and they will walk across the stage to receive their diploma. A professional photographer will be present to take photos.
- Students will also receive a Commencement Program to remember this important milestone.
- Families may exit their vehicle to view and photograph their student walking across the stage, and they must remain in the area designated for this purpose. Families are not to leave this area.
- Students and families will then re-enter the vehicle and proceed off-campus using the designated route.
- Caps and gowns have been ordered and will be ready for pick up sometime after the Memorial Day weekend. More information to follow once the cap and gowns arrive. There is no charge this year for the cap, tassel, and gown.
If you have questions about your student’s participation in this event, please contact Marylyn Yoder at Marylyn.Yoder@kent.k12.wa.us. Thank you for the opportunity to celebrate our 2021 graduates!