Choice Transfer Request

  • Attend a Different Public School District

    Any student living in the Kent School District (KSD) boundaries may attend a different public school district (including those operating state-accredited online programs) if space is available in the requested district and school. Please review the process for requesting a transfer on the website of the district you are interested in attending prior to requesting a release from Kent.

    Students who live within the KSD boundaries and wish to attend school in another district may submit the request through the Choice Transfer Portal or complete a Choice Transfer Request (PDF) form. By state law, releases can be for only one school year at a time and must be renewed every school year.

    Complete the Choice Transfer Request Form

    Complete the fillable Choice Transfer Request (PDF) form electronically and email it to

    1. Click the blue underlined text to open the form in Adobe Acrobat and save it to your device. If you don’t have it already, download Adobe Acrobat for free online.
    2. Fill in the form electronically, sign using the digital signature option and save the completed document to your device.
    3. Email your completed form as an attachment to

Contact Us

Last Modified on December 19, 2023