Year-Round Transfer Requests

  • The Kent School District (KSD) will accept applications year-round for childcare purposes, a change of address, and some programs.


    Students in kindergarten through sixth grade (K-6) may be approved to attend a school other than their boundary school for childcare. The single head of household or both heads of household must be employed or attending school full time which necessitates the need for childcare service outside the student’s boundary school service area.

    Please contact KSD Student and Family Support Services at (253) 373-7235 for an application.

    Change of Address

    If the family moves to an address in another school’s service area, students are allowed to stay in their current school for the rest of the 2018-2019 school year based on space availability and good attendance. Please complete the Resident Student Assignment Change of Address Form and return it to your current school or Student and Family Support Services at the KSD Administration Center.

    Families must apply during the annual transfer window for students to stay at the same school for the 2019-2020 school year.


  • Dual Language

  • iGrad

  • International Baccalaureate at Kent-Meridian (Grades 11-12)

  • Kent Mountain View Academy (Grades 3-12)

  • Kent Phoenix Academy (Grades 9-12)

  • Kent Technology Academy (KTA)

Contact Us

Last Modified on March 29, 2019