KW Class of 2021 Graduation Live Stream
Kentwood Graduation Ceremony Information
The Kentwood Class of 2021 Graduates on June 19
We will celebrate our seniors with an on-campus in-person graduation ceremony!
Similar to last year, the graduation ceremony for the Class of 2021 will be festive and intimate. This allows our school to accommodate the required health and safety guidelines while also providing graduates and families an opportunity to celebrate this important milestone with an in-person ceremony.
Seniors who have met or are close to meeting all graduation requirements are invited to participate. These seniors and their families will arrive in no more than two (2) vehicles at the chosen time. Up to eight (8) guests may be in the vehicle(s) with the senior.
There will be at least one photo opportunity before seniors cross the stage. Seniors can also walk through Kentwood (KW). Each senior will then walk across the stage and will receive their diploma cover while wearing their cap and gown. Professional photos of each graduate will be taken for the virtual graduation and are also available for purchase.
Graduation will take place from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. The timing of the ceremony is designed to promote safety and allow people to follow social distancing guidelines. The timing is also designed to allow seniors and their families to access all aspects of this year’s ceremony.
- The senior's username and password are required.
- If you have forgotten this information or need help, please call the Customer Support Center at (253) 373-7030.
Seniors who want to walk together through Kentwood as socially distanced partners should schedule the same arrival time.
- Turn off of 256th onto 168th.
- Turn off of 168th into the junior parking lot.
- Area for the senior's two (2) cars to meet if needed and/or pick up honor cords if applicable.
- Start of graduation path. Both vehicles must be together with tickets on the dashboard. Program copy available. Be here at your scheduled time.
- Photo opportunity at two (2) available stations.
- Senior only drop-off, vehicle(s) continue.
- Senior reunites with vehicle(s).
- Last check for vehicle tickets on the dashboard.
- Senior exits vehicle and gets name card.
- Graduation stage 1.
- Graduation stage 2.
- Exit onto 164th.
To ensure social distancing while honoring our seniors, our families will need to comply with the following:
- Seniors and their families will arrive at Location 4 on the map at their scheduled time.
- If arriving in two vehicles, the vehicles must stay together, one after the other. The vehicle’s ticket will be visible on the driver’s side of the vehicle on the dash. Vehicle tickets will be distributed up at the senior laptop collection event on June 17.
- Vehicles for walking partners would stay together with one senior’s vehicle(s) in front of the other’s vehicle(s).
- Families and seniors are encouraged to decorate their vehicles.
- Seniors will receive a Commencement Program to remember this important milestone.
- Families will eventually drive to a designated area where there will be a stage and a family viewing area.
- Families will remain in the vehicle until told to exit.
- Up to eight family members may exit their vehicle(s) to view their senior walking across the stage, and they must remain in the area designated for this purpose. Families are not to leave this area.
- When directed, students will proceed to the stage where they will have their name read aloud and they will walk across the stage to receive their diploma cover. A professional photographer will be present to take photos.
- Students and families will then re-enter the vehicle and proceed off campus using the designated route.
Health & Safety Guidelines
Our school will follow the required health and safety guidelines in alignment with the Washington State Department of Health.
- Masks are required for all attendees. Each senior will be able to take off their mask while on the graduation stage for photos.
- Avoid close contact with people outside of your household, staying at least six feet away from all other people.
- Avoid social congregation before, during, and after the event.
- If you are sick, have symptoms of COVID-19, or have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, please stay home.