High School & Beyond Plan
Planning for Life After Graduation
The high school and beyond plan (HSBP) gives students the opportunity to think about their future and develop a plan to get the most out of high school so they're ready to pursue their adult lives no matter what direction they plan to take.
Students are required to complete a high school and beyond plan rather than a culminating project. Many parts of the high school and beyond plan were previously included in the culminating project.
A high school and beyond plan includes:
- Identification of career goals based on a career interest and skills inventory or assessment.
- Identification of educational goals.
- A four-year course plan that fulfills graduation requirements and aligns with career and educational goals.
- A resume or activity log by the end of twelfth grade that provides a written compilation of student’s education, work experience, and community service.
Students receive information regarding the high school and beyond plan and assistance in completing this graduation requirement from their counselors.
If you have questions, please contact your school counselor or track student progress through the Skyward online system. If you do not know your Skyward login information, please contact your school office for assistance.
Additional information can be found in Kent School District Procedure 2410P.
Source: RCW 28A.230.090
Evening workshops for Naviance tasks and the High School and Beyond Plan graduation requirement have been scheduled for Tuesday evenings in January. These workshops are supplemental to Conk Time for Seniors, with a target audience of Running Start students.
The workshops will take place in the Kentwood library 6:30-8:30 p.m., and are scheduled with the following topics:
- Tuesday, January 8, 2019: Resume
- Tuesday, January 15, 2019: High School and Beyond Plan Survey
- Tuesday, January 22, 2019: Career Interest Survey
- Tuesday, January 29, 2019: Four Year Plan
View the online Kentwood calendar to see these and other events.