KM Class of 2021 Graduation Live Stream
Kent-Meridian Graduation Ceremony Information
The Kent-Meridian Class of 2021 Graduates on June 18
We will celebrate our seniors with an on-campus in-person graduation ceremony!
Kent-Meridian High School faculty and staff will honor and celebrate our graduates on June 18, 2021, on our campus from 11:00 a.m to 7:00 p.m.
Since our graduation ceremony plans were altered significantly this year, we want to inject a bit of fun and nostalgia into our plan. The journey to get here for students has been a long and winding road so it should not be surprising that our graduation event will be the same. Students will have an opportunity to walk on a predetermined path through the main campus one final time, stop at the lion statue for a fun photo, receive a diploma cover, cross the stage and take an official graduation photo with family watching.
While we are including some new aspects to our graduation celebration, many traditional elements of a graduation ceremony will remain. Students will wear their cap and gown, receive a diploma cover, cross a stage, move the tassel, and have a photo taken. Our videographer will record all students crossing the stage and create a video we can share with our entire community.
To comply with social distancing requirements, we must spread out all our graduates throughout the day. Graduates must sign up for a graduation time slot. Students may sign up at the same time as their friends so they may walk near each other. If the time you want is full, then go on to the next set of available times.
Pick Up Graduation Tickets on June 16
Each graduate may bring up to eight (8) family members and two (2) vehicles. Families will be able to exit their vehicles and view their student cross the stage.
Graduates must attend the Kent-Meridian senior collection event on June 16, between 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., to pick up their graduation tickets. They will also return their KSD laptop and any school materials issued to them.
Health & Safety Requirements
Our plan includes following the required health and safety guidelines.
- All students must wear a mask from the student check-in area to the stage. Students may remove their mask briefly for photo opportunities by the Lion statue and while on stage receiving their diploma.
- Graduates will be the only individuals allowed to walk through campus on their way to the stage. School staff members will be posted along the walking route to cheer on our students and ensure social distancing requirements. Social distancing must be followed at all times.
- If you are sick, have symptoms of COVID-19, or have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, in alignment with the Department of Health, please stay home.
- All graduates and families need to arrive on time and together for your assigned check-in time slot. Enter campus at SE 253rd PL (by Ivar’s Restaurant) and check-in by the gym. Families must remain in their vehicles and drive around to the front of the school to watch students cross the stage.
- Graduation is a family celebration and we will have a family viewing area for designated family members to watch their student cross the stage. Each student may bring up to eight family members and two vehicles. Families will be able to exit their vehicles and view their student cross the stage.
- Students and families should consider safety in determining how many occupants can fit in a vehicle and follow applicable driving laws. No oversized vehicles, recreational vehicles, buses, or limos will be allowed.
Student Drop-Off & Vehicle Information
- All vehicles enter campus at SE 253rd PL from 104th Ave SE. by Ivar’s Restaurant.
- Families will drop off graduating students at the gym entrance .
- Each vehicle (maximum of two vehicles per student) will have a number card placed under their windshield wiper. Vehicles will proceed to the front of the school.
- Staff will direct up to 8 family members to the stage viewing area to watch your child graduate.
- Exit via French Field parking lot for Canyon Dr.
Diplomas & Transcripts
The Kent-Meridian registrar will mail home official diplomas and final transcripts in mid-July.
- Please verify your correct mailing address is listed in Skyward.
- Request your diploma and final transcripts online.
If you need assistance please contact Patti.Smith@kent.k12.wa.us.