Multilingual Education Team
The cultural and linguistic diversity of the students and families served by Kent School District (KSD) is one of the greatest assets that defines our community. We strive to maintain quality learning environments that respect, reflect, and embrace this diversity. Within Teaching and Learning, our Multilingual Education team oversees:
- State and federal processes for identifying and serving the language development needs of students who are acquiring English as an additional language (ELs).
- Definition and implementation of research-based English language development program models.
- Curriculum development and professional learning to assist all KSD staff to:
- Effectively implement district-defined programs for EL students.
- Meet the cognitive, academic, linguistic, and social-emotional needs of EL students within grade-level core instruction.
- Ensure that all ELs have meaningful access to grade-level core instruction that enables them to meet grade-level Washington Learning Standards.
12033 SE 256th Street #D-200
Kent, WA 98030