2016 Capital Improvement & School Construction Bond
In November 2016, voters approved a $252,000,000 bond measure to build two new schools and fund projects at every school in the Kent School District reducing overcrowding, improving student safety, and enhancing school environments.
Because the money is not available all at once, projects funded by the bond will be completed over a ten-year period as bonds are issued, sold, and repaid.
- Build a new Covington Elementary School.
- Build a new elementary school in the Kent valley.
- Add 20 new classrooms across the District.
- Build multipurpose rooms at nine elementary schools.
- Replace fire alarm systems at nine schools.
- Renovate outdoor athletic facilities at all middle and high schools.
- Replace interactive displays in all classrooms.
- Complete various projects at every school to address critical infrastructure needs, improve safety, increase energy efficiency, or upgrade spaces.