Strategic Plan Update Process
Creating a Shared Vision & Plan for 2024-2028
Kent School District is committed to continuous improvement and ensuring that every student has the opportunity to thrive. In order to achieve this, we are engaged in a targeted strategic planning process that will replace our former plan and guide the direction of our district for the next several years with updated goals:
- All students college, career, and life ready
- Student and family engagement
- Equitable systems and environments
- Premier diverse workforce
The strategic planning process is a collaborative effort involving stakeholders from across the district, including teachers, staff, administrators, parents, and community members. We believe that by working together, we can create a shared vision for the future of our district and develop a plan to achieve it.
This process will take place during the 2022-2023 school year and end with Kent School Board approval of the new Strategic Plan at the regular meeting on June 28, 2023.
- December – January: Pre-assessments
- February – May: Goal Committees
- March – May: Community Conversations
- April – May: School visits and labor partner meetings
- June: Board adoption
The Strategic Plan Steering Committees comprised of families, staff, and School Board members will meet weekly and work toward the intended outcomes:
- Produce an updated strategic plan that intentionally aligns goals, commitments, and systemwide supports.
- Establish processes and indicators to monitor our progress towards our goals and the impact of the strategies used to achieve them.
- Engage our community and stakeholders throughout the process, prioritizing input from students, teachers, and families.
- Create accessible and relevant materials to foster the adoption and integration of the updated Strategic Plan into district operations.
Get Involved & Share Ideas
Community engagement is our priority. Throughout the process, we will gather input and feedback from all stakeholders to inform the development of our strategic plan. We encourage all members of our community to get involved and share their ideas and perspectives in one or more of the following ways:
- Periodic ThoughtExchange opportunities
- Community conversation events at middle schools and community centers across the district through May
- School visits with students and staff
- Surveys and focus groups
If you would like to learn more about the planning process or have questions, please review answers to frequently asked questions, sign up for our email list to receive updates, or email StrategicPlan@kent.k12.wa.us.
We look forward to working together to create a bright future for our students and our community. Thank you for your support and engagement in the strategic planning process.
Sign up to Receive Emails
Attend a Strategic Plan Community Conversation
Students, families, and community members are invited to learn more about our Strategic Plan update process, and current draft content.
Strategic Plan Community Engagement Expansion
Thank you to the 66 participants who shared and rated 27 thoughts informing how we will continue to engage our community in co-creating KSD’s next strategic plan.