Report an Absence
Report Every Absence to Kentlake
Parents/Guardians please do one of the following to report absences:
- Email the Attendance Office at KLAttendance@kent.k12.wa.us. (Email Preferred)
- Skyward Family Access
- Leave a voicemail at (253) 373-4921.
When reporting an absence, please include the following information:
- Student’s first and last name
- Student ID number
- Dates of absences
- Reason for the absences
- Parent/Guardian first, last name and contact information
***Absences need to be excused within 48 hours***
Late Arrival Procedure:
- Students arriving late to school MUST CHECK IN at the Attendance Office through the Tardy Kiosk.
- Parent/Guardian needs to email KLAttendance@kent.k12.wa.us or call the Attendance Office to excuse the late arrival.
- Students do not need to bring in a note or have a parent/guardian sign them in to excuse the late arrival.
Early Dismissal Procedure:
- Parents/Guardians MUST email KLAttendance@kent.k12.wa.us or call the Attendance Office by 8:00 am on the day their student needs to be dismissed early.
- Please provide the following information in email or by phone: (student first/last name, student ID, dismissal time, and reason for early dismissal).
- Students MUST CHECK OUT through the Attendance Office prior to leaving or they will be considered truant.
- If student is returning to school, student MUST CHECK IN at the Attendance Office to get an excused slip prior to entering class.
- Students do not need to bring in a note to request an early dismissal or have a parent/guardian sign them out.
Please Email or call the Attendance Office by 8 a.m. if you need your student to be dismissed early and meet you in front of the school. We want to make the process as streamline as possible, but it takes some time to locate students and get them out of class, so advance notice is always better. Again, if students do not check out at the Attendance Office prior to leaving, they will be considered truant.
Absences MUST be reported by 8 a.m. on or before the day of the absence to avoid the attendance auto calls. Students do not need to bring in a note to have an absence excused. Parents do not need to sign students in or out to have an absence excused. The school will determine if the late arrival or early dismissal is excused or unexcused based on the information given by the parent/guardian.
Absence Reporting & Tracking
Learn how KSD tracks attendance and report absences.
Review valid reasons to excuse absences and tardiness.
Attendance Tips & Resources
Discover why attendance is important and find tips/resources to help your student.
Community Truancy Board
Find out how volunteers support elementary students struggling with attendance.
Illness & Attendance
Find out when to keep your student home from school.