Kentlake Athletic Seasons 2023-24
Families May Receive Waived or Decreased Fees to Participate in Other School Programs
Kent School District (KSD) is committed to ensuring participation in extracurricular activities is available to all students regardless of family income. Be sure to complete an online free and reduced-price meal application to determine if you are eligible for free and reduced rates for meals, extracurricular participation fees, and entry fees.
A Family Activity Card will be mailed to families that qualify for free and reduced-price meals. The Family Activity Card allows the parents/guardians and their elementary age and younger children to enter KSD sponsored events for free or at a reduced rate.
Student Fees Eligible for Waiver
Eligible students with a completed fee waiver on file do not have to pay fees for:
- Associated Student Body (ASB) card designation
- Entrance fees for home games or ASB events
- ASB club dues or membership fees
- Entrance fees for ASB field trips
- Registration or transportation fees for ASB travel
- Required uniforms for ASB sports or clubs (may be required to return after use or be subject to fine)
- Reduced prices for families entering school extracurricular activities.
2023-24 TICKET PRICES
Admission Prices are established by the North Puget Sound League.
- Adults/Students without ASB $7
- High and Middle Students with ASB $5
- Adults with Military ID $5
- Elementary Students / SR Citizens 62+ $2
Home students with current ASB enter for free. No ticket required.
A $1 per ticket plus credit card processing fees will be added to digital purchases.
The Kent School District will offer reduced rate tickets for families and individuals that meet the guidelines of House Bill 1660. Once qualified, the code to be used on GoFan will be sent by mail to the family. This reduced rate applies to “HOME” events only.
Fans are encouraged to buy tickets online prior to reaching the facility. For your convenience, signage will be set up at the venue to help fans navigate an online purchase quickly and easily.
Athletic Punch Cards are available for purchase in the ASB Office
Sports Pass Punch Cards are good for all regular season home sporting events, but do not include play-off or tournament games. Punch Cards will NOT be honored for away games at other high schools.
The Sports Pass Punch Card can lead to tremendous time and cost savings, especially if you have children involved in multiple sports.
Adult 10 Ticket Punch Card $70
*PASSES/PUNCH CARDS OR CASH ARE NOT VALID FOR POST SEASON, WIAA TOURNAMENTS AND/OR INVITATIONALS.
Athletics Participation Guide
Online Athletic Registration
Register ONLINE through FinalForms. Parent/Guardian will create an online family profile. Once profile is created, parent/guardian must follow the steps to register their student athlete for a specific sport.
Medical History & Physical Examinations
Physical Exam procedures for Student- Athletes: The PHYSICAL ELIGIBILITY FORM must be completed and signed/dated by a medical practitioner to be valid. Student-Athletes are responsible for completing their physical exam at their own expense.
Physicals are valid for up to 24 months from the date of the examination if all guidelines are met. Physical expiration dates must extend beyond the respective WIAA season ending date. Expiration dates occurring within a sports season shall require a new examination prior to that season. The best practice for student-athletes is to obtain the physical examination after June 1st of the 5th grade year, 7th grade year, 9th grade year and 11th grade year.
- Parents/guardians can go to FinalForms to register and complete the student’s medical information.
- Once the student data is entered, FinalForms will create a personalized Pre-Participation Physical Examination (PPE) form (also referred to as the Medical History and Physical Eligibility Form for the Kent School District Athletics).
- Parents/guardians print the PPE form and have the student take the form to the medical exam appointment.
- Once the form is completed, it can be uploaded on FinalForms or turned in to the athletic administrative assistance or building athletic director.
» PHYSICAL EXAMINATION FORM
The recommended physical exam form. STAYS WITH DOCTOR.
» STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES FORM
This form is supplemental to the athlete history form.
Medical insurance is also required to participate in interscholastic athletics. School insurance is available for a fee. Go to Student Accident Insurance at the bottom of this page to register if you need coverage.
Parent & Student Athletic Handbook
View the Kent School District Parent and Student Athletic Handbook (PDF) and Middle School Athletic Handbook (PDF) to learn what it takes to be a successful athletic participant through code of conduct, eligibility standards, and more.
- Concussions: View the concussion in youth sports fact sheet to learn about symptoms, common treatment options, and preventative measures athletes can take while participating in sports.
- Concussion Screening: Make an appointment for baseline concussion testing with Olympic Sports and Spine available to students participating in basketball, football, soccer, and wrestling.
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest: View the sudden cardiac arrest information sheet to learn about causes, common treatment options, and preventative measures athletes can take while participating in sports.
The WIAA Return-To-Play Guidelines lists requirements for all athletic teams to participate in sports, along with sport-specific guidelines as each sport has unique circumstances to consider. Guidelines have been developed in consultation with Washington Department Health officials, medical communities, the national governing body for education-based athletics (NFHS), and state committees of coaches and athletic directors.
To resume participation following an illness and/or injury serious enough to require medical care by a doctor, a student athlete must present a completed and signed KSD RETURN TO PLAY FORM to the building Athletic Director.
Student Accident Insurance
The safety of our students is of critical importance to the Kent School District, and we want to protect them from injury. Even so, accidents do happen and required medical care can be very expensive. Please know that your school does not assume responsibility for such costs but does offer you access to several accident insurance plans for voluntary purchase. Details can be found on the links below:
- Student Insurance – English
- Student Insurance – Spanish
- Student Insurance – Russian
- Student Insurance – Vietnamese
- Student Insurance – Korean
- Student Insurance – Mandarin Chinese
For more information about insurance offerings, or to enroll, visit the Myers-Stevens & Toohey & Co., Inc. website or call 1-800-827-4695.
If you are already enrolled in the student accident insurance program, you may submit a claim using the Student Insurance Claim form.