Remote Learning at Daniel Elementary
Welcome to the new school year! Our staff was thrilled to welcome our students back.
Students and staff have been hard at work navigating new technology, establishing routines, and building relationships with one another. Teachers are working to plan and deliver high-quality instruction to address student learning needs.
We are also working to ensure our students’ social and emotional needs are met. Our goal is to know each student by name, strength, and need.
Please ensure your contact information is up to date in Skyward to receive our detailed school newsletters.
We appreciate your support in helping our students be safe, respectful, and responsible when engaging in remote learning.
- Keep personal information such as passwords private.
- Please keep food and drink items away from the laptops.
- Use kind language toward all.
- Only use the chat for school purposes when instructed to by a teacher.
- TEAMS is not for social interaction among students (private chats, group messaging, etc.).
- Be on time for learning each day. Learning begins at 8:30 a.m. daily.
- Participate in class activities (show your camera when possible, ask and answer questions).
- Log in from a distraction-free area (away from siblings, pets, toys, if possible).
- Use your Feel Good Plan when technology isn’t working or schoolwork is frustrating.
- Ask for help from your teacher (send a message on TEAMS, email, or call for extra help after class).
Supporting Your Student
Families can support your student’s daily learning by:
- Helping your student log in to TEAMS and CANVAS each morning so they are ready for any directions from the teacher throughout the day. Both can be accessed through the Daniel Elementary website.
- Ensuring your student’s laptop is charged for class each day.
- Reading and responding to communication from your student’s teachers.
- Ensuring that your student completes independent learning, which may include reading, viewing videos, and completing assignments or activities through TEAMS and CANVAS.
- Communicating with our office if your child will not be present. Attendance is taken daily.
- Visiting the KSD Family Tech Academy for more support.
- Helping monitor acceptable use of our technology. KSD devices and learning platforms (Microsoft TEAMS, Canvas, Seesaw) are for educational purposes only. Students should not be using these for social purposes outside of school use. Report inappropriate use to your child’s classroom teacher.
What to Expect from Your Teacher(s)
All teachers at Daniel Elementary are committed to:
- Providing daily live instruction in math, ELA, and social-emotional learning through TEAMS.
- Posting assignments through Canvas and routinely responding to submitted assignments.
- Being available to support students and families with schoolwork after live instruction (send a message on TEAMS, email, or call for additional help).