Battle of the Books
What is Battle of the Books?
Battle of the Books is a reading incentive program for grades 4, 5 and 6. Students will read award books, participate in teams, and collaborate on comprehension questions. Students will form groups of four (with a fifth as an alternate) in Feb/March.
Each team must read the 12 Sasquatch nominees for this year. Each team needs to read all the books. That does not mean that everyone has to read all the books. You can divide up the list among team members. The books you are assigned must be read by you. Your team will be depending on you!!!! You will probably have to re-read or review the books towards the end of the year.
- Fuzzy by Tom Angelberger
- The Tapper Twins: Go To War by Geoff Rodkey
- Ghost by Jason Reynolds
- A Night Divided by Jennifer A. Nielsen
- Midnight War of Mateo Martinez by Robin Yardi
- Skeleton Tree by Iain Lawrence
- Wish by Barbara O'Connor
- Save Me A Seat by Sarah Weeks and Gita Varadarajan
- Wolf Hollow by Lauren Wolk
- Ain't so Awful, Falafel by Firoozeh Dumas
- The Evil Wizard Smallbone by Delia Sherman
- Sputnik's Guide to Life on Earth by Frank Cottrell Boyce