Student Transfer Request Process
2018-2019 School Year
The Kent School District is no longer accepting transfer applications for the 2018-2019 school year unless the transfer is requested due to a recent move, childcare need, or program as defined on the Year-Round Transfers webpage. Please see the steps to enroll your student in his or her boundary school on the Enroll New Students webpage.
2019-2020 School Year
The Kent School District will accept transfer applications for the 2019-2020 school year in two phases unless the transfer is requested due to a recent move, childcare need, or program as defined on the Year-Round Transfers webpage. Please check back on this page during the open windows for more information.
The first student transfer phase will be February 1-28, 2019, and is open to:
- Kent School District employees to a school within the employee’s strand.
- Siblings of students who are currently transferred to another school from their boundary school or attending an alternative school due to special services. The siblings must reside within the Kent School District boundaries and attend the same school for the 2019-2020 school year.
The second student transfer phase will be April 1-30, 2019, and is open to all other transfer requests:
- Those with childcare waivers for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Resident student transfers that do not have a sibling attending the requested school.
- Non-resident student transfers with and without siblings attending the requested school.
- Transportation is not available for students approved for transfer to a non-boundary school. Transportation will be the responsibility of the family.
- Transfer requests will not be approved for athletic or co-curricular activity reasons. As per WIAA regulations, students transferring from one high school to another high school within the Kent School District, without a corresponding change in home residence with natural parents or legal guardians, will be deemed ineligible for a one-year period at the varsity level of sports.