•  Student Transfers

    The District will accept applications for transfer for the 2017-18 school year, April 3-28, 2017

    Transfer application window has closed
    If you have any questions, please call Student and Family Support Services at 253-373-7235.

    Student transfer applications for the  2016-17 school year

    Change of Address:
    Accepted after the first day of school,students are allowed to stay in their current school for the duration of the school year based on space availability and good attendance. To stay the next year, parents must apply during the annual open transfer window.


    For daily child-care purposes, students in kindergarten through sixth grade may be approved to attend a school other than the school serving their boundary.  The single head of household or both heads of household, must be employed or attending school full time, which necessitates the requested child-care service be located outside the child's boundary service area.
    *Please note this application is ONLY for the 2016-17 school year. 
    Do you need assistance?
    Contact Kathy Weyand in the Student and Family Support Services department at 253-373-7235.

     **Please note: if your student is approved for a transfer to a non-boundary school, transportation will be the responsibility of the family. **   


    Transferring out of the Kent School District 

    Choice Transfer Request

    For those students who live within the Kent School District boundaries and wish to attend school in another district.  Any student living in the Kent School District boundaries may attend a different public school district if space is available in the requested district/school. A choice transfer request form must be completed annually.

    Choice Transfer Form

    Please submit the completed form to Kent School District, Student and Family Support Services,12033 SE 256th St. Suite A-300 Kent, WA 98030, fax to 253-373-7127 or email to choicetransfers@kent.k12.wa.us
    For additional information on transfers between districts, please contact Student and Family Support Services at 253-373-7235. 

    A request for change in student assignment will not be approved for athletic or co-curricular activity reasons.  (As per WIAA regulations, students transferring from one high school to another high school within the Kent School District, without a corresponding  change in home residence with natural parents or legal guardians, will be deemed ineligible for a one year period at the varsity level of sports.)