For FamiliesStudent Resources
Subject Areas - M = Math, L = Language arts, S = Science, R = ResearchA+ Math ( M )Math web site for students featuring games, flashcards and homework help.
AAA Math ( M )
Ask questions or just talk about Math.Astronomy For Kids ( S )Learn about the moon, planets, comets and meteors. Play games, visit observation stations, read articles and more.
- Hundreds of basic math skills. Interactive practice on each page, plus an explanation of the skill. Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide, Measurement, Geometry, Fractions, Place Value etc...
Ask Mr. Math ( M )
Book Pals ( L )
- Bartleby's Great Books Online ( R )
- This site features a Dictionary, Encyclopedia, Thesaurus, books of quotes and more.
Bill Nye the Science Guy ( S )
- Activities and information related to Bill Nye the Science Guy.
Games and information for children and adults.Code.org (computer programming, all ages)
- Stories are read by celebrities.
Class Brain ( M )
Learn to program using videos and tutorials.Code Combat (Computer programming, older students)More challenging coding program, students type in code-- suggest doing Code.org or Tynker first.
Dinosaurs ( R )
- College Preparatory Math - CPM ( M )
- Web site with information and help for parents and students in 6th grade math program
Cool Math ( M )
- "An amusement park of math and other school fun". This site features an area for teachers and parents and also a science area.
- Excellent source for Internet links on many different research topics.
- Database with information on over 200 countries. Includes maps and pictures.
Dance Mat (keyboarding)
Keyboarding practice for beginners or those needing practice.
This site contains just about everything you might want to know about dinosaurs. It also includes jokes, pictures, a dino quiz, and a geologic time chart.
Eduscapes ( R)A site for life-long learners of all ages.
- A family web site. Games and quizzes based on movies and TV shows.
Dr. Seuss ( L )
- Information on the author plus games to play centered around his famous and fun books.
- Easy Tech Keyboarding
- KSD keyboarding program for grades 4-6.
- The Field Museum ( R )
- This is a great resource for dinosaur information, pictures and actual exhibits.
Fourth Grade Science additional activities ( S )
- Magnets and Springs - Circuits and Conductors - Changing circuits
Game Aquarium ( M )
- A variety of games for older elementary students
- Math games for basic skills adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing plus money, Algebra, fractions, geometry, decimals, estimation, measurement and more.
The Hands-on Children's Museum ( S, R )
- If you cannot go to a museum in person, this is the next best thing.
HotBot ( R )
- Another terrific search engine.
Hooda Math ( M )
Math games, tutorials and worksheets.
- Internet Classroom - Kinder, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth ( M, L, S )
- Grade level skills- these links are grade specific to help students practice specific concept areas in Language arts and math.
Interactive Math Games ( M )
- Scroll down to Pre-made games area to find counting by 2, 5, 10, estimating, counting backward, sequencing as well as adding, subtracting, fractions and more.
Internet Public Library ( S, R )
- Youth division of the Internet Public Library. There are links to many subject areas such as reference, sports, sciences, reading and fun!!
Khan Academy (M, L, S, R )
Learn anything, for free, for everyone, forever!!
King County Library SystemThe King County Library web page has 15 databases for research and homework help. You can look up library books, place holds and renew. Also, find out about special programs being offered at libraries in the area.
Kiz Club ( L )
Games, stories and other activities for students of all ages.
Over 400 pages of links and information for kids. Topics include: Museums, States, Holidays and Science.MackinVia (L, R)
Kids Konnect ( S, R )
Audiobooks and ebooks available to read online. Use KSD computer login and password.
Pre K - grade 12. A variety of interactive activities for Number operations, algebra, measurement, geometry and probability.Math Playground ( M )Math games and activities for grades 1-6 aligned to the Common Core.Math-Whizz ( M )
Magic School Bus ( L, S )
- Artwork by kids, a picture to print out and color, and more. Based on the award winning books by Joanna Cole and Bruce Degen.
Math Dictionary ( M )
- Alphabetical list of math words- click on word for definition and examples.
Math Expressions ( M ) (3) (4) (5)
- Mega Math math games organized by unit and lesson.
Math Manipulatives ( M )
Individualized lessons for all students. Can be accessed on most devises. Usernames and Passwords are needed.
Mr. Nussbaum ( M, L, S )
- Mega Math - from Harcourt ( M )
- Math games and activities for Math Expressions. Sections include Country Countdown, Fraction Action, Ice Station Exploration, Shapes Ahoy, Number Games and Numberopolis.
National Zoo ( R )
- Math, Math games, Social Studies, Language Arts, Science activities. Teacher and Parent areas also.
National Geographic For Kids ( R )
Games, articles and fun for all ages.
Washington D.C.'s National Zoo. This site includes photos and information about the animals. Live video feed is also available.
Refdesk.com ( R )
- TV shows, games, magazines, and other cool stuff from Nick.
No Red Ink ( L )An adaptive site that helps students improve grammar and writing skills.Ocean Link ( R )
- A marine science information page sponsored by the Bamfield Marine station and friends.
Pacific Science Center ( S )
- Seattle's Premier Science & Educational Museum
- A variety of games such as Typer Shark, Bejeweled and Bookworm.
Powder Game ( S )
- A fourth grader claims-- "This is science heaven!"
- A variety of puzzles to challenge your spatial muscles.
Quia Math Journey Game ( M )
- Travel around the world while completing math problems such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and rounding.
Quick Flash ( M )
- A fun way to practice multiplication facts.
Read Write Think ( L )
- ReadWriteThink offers a collection of online Student Materials to support literacy learning in the K-12 classroom.
Fact checker for the Internet.
SAM - Seattle Art Museum
Photographs and information on exhibits in Seattle's museum.San Diego Zoo ( R )
This is an exciting site about the San Diego Zoo, which includes activities for kids.
Recommended student science/technology activities by grade level.
- Scholastic For Kids ( L )
- This site is full of activities and information based on books published by Scholastic.
Science (FOSS)-Kinder, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth ( S )
Science Kids is the home of science & technology on the Internet for children around the world.
Learn more about the amazing world of science by enjoying our fun science experiments, cool facts, online games, free activities, ideas, lesson plans, photos, quizzes, videos & science fair projects.
A learning site for adults that has some great tutorials for upper elementary students as well. Lessons for Reading, Math, Writing, Vocabulary and more are available.Tynker Computer programming)Learn programming (code)
- Spelling City
- The online spelling program that makes practicing for spelling tests fun
Sports Illustrated for Kids
- Games Arcade - play a bunch of different games for all sorts of sports, including basketball, football, hockey, and more!
StarFall ( L )
- Children have fun learning to read using Games, Books and Videos.
Surfnet ( R )
- Surfing the Net with Kids scroll down to find features Current topics, a Directory of topics and Games, Games, Games.
- That Quiz ( M )
- Practice a variety of math concepts. Teachers can create quizzes. Already 200,000 graded exams to date and over 25,000 participating students.
Third Grade Science additional activities ( S )
- Changing Sounds - Moving and Growing -
Tumble Books- ( L )
- Listen to a variety of books in languages such as French, Spanish and English.
TV411 ( M, L, R )
Typing Instructor for Kids (keyboarding practice)KSD website for keyboard practice grades 2 and 3.
- Typing Bubbles (keyboarding practice)
- Push your typing skills to their limits by playing the popular Bubbles typing game. In the game your goal is to burst the bubbles by pressing the corresponding key.
Wacky Web Tales ( L )
Practice parts of speech such as noun, verb and adjectives and create a funny story. (Mad Libs online)The White House ( R )The White House Web site takes you on a tour, you can write a letter to the president, and more.
Word Wizard ( L )This highly-interactive activity supports critical thinking and problem solving while also building students’ comprehension and spelling skills. Students start by choosing puzzles based on four popular U.S. children’s books. They are then prompted to use clues to identify words from a list of scrambled letters.
World History ( R )Timelines, geographic and biographic information from the past 3000 years.