Clubs & Activities
Clubs at Kentlake
Clubs are a valuable way for our students to get involved at Kentlake! Most meet on Thursday afternoons when we have an activity bus to help with afternoon transportation. Please reach out to the advisor listed below to find out more information about their club and upcoming meetings. If you are interested in starting a club that is not listed below, please come to the Athletics & Activities office to find out how! It’s a great day to be a Falcon!!!
- Advisor: Savana Mayfield
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meetings: Thursdays 2:30-3:50 p.m.
- Art club is a space where students can get additional help, guidance, and training in their art skills.
ASB Music - Pep Band
- Advisor: Jon Urmenita
- Email: Jonathan.Urmenita@kent.k12.wa.us
- Meetings: TBD
- ASB Music is an organization for KL Music and Kentlake including band, pep band, jazz band, orchestra, musical pit, and all other auxiliary ensembles. A representative for all ASB events, fundraisers and other music operations sanctioned by KL ASB.
- Advisor: Tom Brown (contact to join)
- Email: email@example.com
- Meetings: last Thursday of the month 2:15-4:15 p.m.
- Bringing deaf, hard-of-hearing, and hearing students together by communicating in sign language, learning about the Deaf culture, and providing support to the Deaf community.
DECA Club - Business
- Advisor: Amy Hobson
- Email: Amy.Hobson@kent.k12.wa.us
- Meetings: Tuesday & Thursday 2:15-3:15 p.m.
- Preparing and emerging leaders in finance, marketing, hospitality, and entrepreneurship.
Diversity Council- Inclusion
- Advisor: Molly Horne-Brine
- Email: Molly.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meetings: TBD
- Gathering people together to embrace diversity, everything that makes people different such as race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender, religious beliefs, political opinions etc.
Drama Club- Theater
- Advisor: Aubrey Blair
- Email: Aubrey.Blair@kent.k12.wa.us
- Meetings: Every other Tuesday & Thursday of each month. 2:15-4:15 p.m.
- Drama Club’s goal is to enrich the artistic expression of theatre and production in students. The club provides opportunities for students to participate in drama to build community.
FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes)
- Advisor: Wade Pelc
- Email: email@example.com
- Meetings: Thursdays 2:10-4:15 p.m.
- FCA focuses on serving the communities athletes by equipping, empowering, and encouraging people to make a difference for Christ.
Honors Society- Academics
- Advisor: Sarah Lee
- Email: Sarah.Lee2@kent.k12.wa.us
- Honor Society serves as a club to support academic excellence and community service for KL students.
Interact Club- Community focused
- Advisor: Tim Van Schenck
- Email: Timothy.Vanschenck@kent.k12.wa.us
- Meetings: Thursdays 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- The Interact Club works with Rotary International (a community service organization), and we plan and do a variety of local and international service projects. The club also provides leadership development opportunities for students.
Japan Club- All things Japanese
- Advisor: Jenifer Smiley
- Email: Jenifer.Smiley@kent.k12.wa.us
- Meetings: TBD
- To learn about Japanese culture, cuisine, crafts, holidays, and to meet other students who are interested in Japan. Will provide support to exchange students.
- Advisor: Helen Pacheco / Mark Gaul
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meetings: Thursdays during lunches
- A student led club that creates an environment to gather students to find support through community and a message of hope through Jesus.
Kentlake Congressional Award Club
- Advisor: Ebru Keremoglu
- Email: email@example.com
- Meetings: every other Wednesday after school
- Helping students reach their full potential through volunteer work, personal development, fitness & expedition. Students will have opportunities to get a certificate/medal from congressmen when they reach their goals.
- Advisor: Meredith Boyer
- Email: Meredith.Boyer@kent.k12.wa.us
- Meetings: Thursdays at 2:20 p.m.
- Key Club is a community service club that aims to better the community and to provide opportunities for students to get involved in their community.
KL Kustoms Car Club- Gearheads
- Advisor: Greg Naegle
- Email: Gregory.Naegle@kent.k12.wa.us
- Meetings: TBD
- Providing a space for innovation, for learning about cars and mechanics, and to build relationships and a collaborative environment.
- Advisor: Diana Wasson
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meetings: Thursdays, 2:10-4:30 p.m.
- Build relationships and creations using Legos
- Advisor: Adam Gosnell
- Email: Adam.Gosnell@kent.k12.wa.us
- Meetings: 1st & 3rd Tuesday of every month. 2:15-4:00 p.m.
- Photography Club provides an opportunity to advance intermediate photography skills through extra-curricular activities while building a tight knit community at Kentlake.
Scarlett Creations- Cooking
- Advisor: Damion Beverly
- Email: Damion.Beverly@kent.k12.wa.us
- Meetings: Thursdays 2:20 p.m. - 4:15 p.m.
- Provide students an opportunity to prepare and share food items in a friendly, food-loving, and accepting environment.
Unified Club- Special Olympic based sports working with the general population
- Advisor: Jordan Straughan
- Email: Jordan.Straughan@kent.k12.wa.us
- Meetings: Tuesdays 2:20-4:20 p.m.
- A club for students with and without intellectual disabilities that come together for sports, games, community, service, school events and most of all to have fun.
Create a Club
Gregory (Greg) Kaas
Athletic & Activities Assistant