2014-2015 Student Transfer Request Process
The student transfer window is now closed. Only year round transfers and renewals are being accepted. Please see below.
For questions regarding student transfers please call Kathy Weyand at 253-373-7235.
Completed forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 253-373-7422
· Non-resident students (Non Kent School District Student) are required to renew annually. They must provide a yearly release from their boundary district.
· Student must be released from their boundary district. The home district release must be submitted yearly.
YEAR ROUND TRANSFERS:
Child care waivers:
· Parents may apply for this transfer during the school year to accommodate their child care needs and based on space availability. An annual renewal form is sent to the parent during the open window to use for re-application.
Change of address forms:
· Accepted after the first day of school. Students are allowed to stay in the current school for the duration of the school year based on space availability and good attendance. To stay the next year, parents must apply during the annual open transfer window.
Students who live in the Kent school District and want to attend school in another district:
· A student living in Kent School District may also attend a different public school district if space is available in the requested district /school. An Inter-district Transfer Choice Agreement must be completed. Inter-district Transfer Choice Agreements are available for submittal year round. For more information on transfers between districts, contact Student and Family Support Services at (253)373-7235