Kent School District Banner
Calendar Icon
Email Icon
Family Access Icon
 Student Transfers
  • If you applied for a student transfer during the open transfer window, notification of the decision will begin mid April and continue through the end of May.  
  • If your student will be in kindergarten in the 2016-17 school year, notification will take place in August.
  • If you missed the open transfer window, you may place your student on a transfer waitlist. For more information please contact Student and Family Support Services at 253-373-7235.

Change of Address:
Accepted after the first day of school,students are allowed to stay in their current school for the duration of the school year based on space availability and good attendance. To stay the next year, parents must apply during the annual open transfer window.


For daily child-care purposes, students in kindergarten through sixth grade may be approved to attend a school other than the school serving their boundary.  The single head of household or both heads of household, must be employed or attending school full time, which necessitates the requested child-care service be located outside the child's boundary service area.
 Do you need assistance?
  • Contact Kathy Weyand in the Student and Family Support Services department at 253-373-7235.

 **Please note: if your student is approved for a transfer to a non-boundary school, transportation will be the responsibility of the family. **   


Transferring out of the Kent School District 

Choice Transfer Request

For those students who live within the Kent School District boundaries and wish to attend school in another district.  Any student living in the Kent School District boundaries may attend a different public school district if space is available in the requested district/school. A choice transfer request form must be completed annually.

Choice Transfer Form

Please submit the completed form to Kent School District, Student and Family Support Services,12033 SE 256th St. Suite A-300 Kent, WA 98030, fax to 253-373-7127 or email to
For additional information on transfers between districts, please contact Student and Family Support Services at 253-373-7235. 

A request for change in student assignment will not be approved for athletic or co-curricular activity reasons.  (As per WIAA regulations, students transferring from one high school to another high school within the Kent School District, without a corresponding  change in home residence with natural parents or legal guardians, will be deemed ineligible for a one year period at the varsity level of sports.)
Site Name: Kent School District
Site Alias: kent
Channel Name: For Families
Channel ID: 24
Section Name: Student Transfers
Section ID: 412