2014-2015 Student Transfer Request Process
The student transfer window is open March 17 through April 18 from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Kent School District is accepting Student Transfer applications for the upcoming school year from March 17 through April 18 8:00 am-5:00 pm. To qualify for a transfer, the student must be a Kent School District Resident, a Kent School District employee’s child, or a non-resident (outside of KSD boundary) student. Applications are processed on a first come/first serve basis.
Applicants will be notified of approval or denial prior to the first day of the 2014-2015 school year by letter or phone.
Current buildings closed to transfers: Kent Elementary, Neely O'Brien Elementary
Resident Kent School District Students
· Resident transfers do not require an annual renewal after initial approval and are approved as long as the student is in the grades served at the selected school. If a student is moving up a level and wishes to go to a non-boundary school, they must apply during the open transfer window.
· Non-resident students (Non Kent School District Student) can apply during the open transfer window and are required to renew annually. They must provide a yearly release from their boundary district.
· Resident Employees apply for transfers for their student during the transfer window. After approval, they are allowed to remain in the K-12 feeder pattern as long as the parent remains employed in the District (must be at least a .5 FTE). They are not required to re-apply.
· The same steps as a Resident Employee apply, but the student must be released from their boundary district. The home district release must be submitted yearly.
YEAR ROUND TRANSFERS:
Child care waivers:
· Parents may apply for this transfer during the school year to accommodate their child care needs and based on space availability. An annual renewal form is sent to the parent during the open window to use for re-application.
Change of address forms:
· Accepted after the first day of school. Students are allowed to stay in the current school for the duration of the school year based on space availability and good attendance. To stay the next year, parents must apply during the annual open transfer window.
Students who live in the Kent school District and want to attend school in another district:
· A student living in Kent School District may also attend a different public school district if space is available in the requested district /school. An Inter-district Transfer Choice Agreement must be completed. Inter-district Transfer Choice Agreements are available for submittal year round. For more information on transfers between districts, contact Student and Family Support Services at (253)373-7235