Kent School District's Risk Management Department is responsible for all of the liability and property
insurance needs, workers' compensation issues, ADA accommodations for
employees, unemployment issues and safety programs throughout the school
Responsibilities of the Safety Team
- Each site is responsible for establishing a committee and having safety meetings.
- Each meeting will include a discussion of established safety topics.
- Review safety and health inspection reports to correct safety hazards
- Evaluate accident investigations to determine if causes can be corrected
- Evaluate workplace accident prevention program
- Document attendance
- Document subjects discussed
All safety team meetings will be recorded, preserved and a copy submitted to Risk Management. Meetings must: